We were so proud to be able to celebrate our designation as the Kent Associate Research School earlier in March. We welcomed Maria Cunningham from the EEF and Shaun Allison from Durrington Research School, as were able to share our plans for KARS and the support on offer to schools in Kent and our insolvent in the EFFective Kent Project (EKP).
Our online event celebrated the exciting launch of the Kent Associate Research School and covered the following:
- What an Associate Research School is, and how we liaise with Durrington Research School, the EEF and KCC.
- Kent Associate Research School’s aim and role within Kent
- How the Associate Research School will work and how we are relevant to schools and learners, particularly disadvantaged learners
- What we can offer in terms of networking, training and support
- A preview of three Taster Sessions we will be running in the Spring Term
- An open discussion about the pertinent needs for Kent and how the Kent Associate Research School can assist in tackling these
Items from the launch event can be found below.
Please contact us to find out more about how, in collaboration with Durrington Research School and the EEFective Kent Project, we will endeavour to encourage schools to adopt evidence-based approaches which have a proven history of improving outcomes for learners.