Please follow the link below to view the Year 2 Harvest Festival:
(please press play once it has opened)
2S – Dahl Class 2G – Walliams Class
Happy New Year, welcome back to term 3.
In Science we will be learning about materials and linking this to our topic on the Great Fire of London, deciding which is the most suitable material to make houses out of.
In Maths, we will be focussing on multiplication and division. As well as this, we will be practising our 2, 5 and 10 times tables. Please practise times tables regularly at home - the website below is really helpful and we will be giving you log ins for TT rockstars.
Whilst we are doing home learning, our English lessons will be based around a book. In addition, we will upload a daily phonics lesson for children to access from home.
Please listen to your child read regularly as this will really help them with their learning. Books will be sent home, in addition, there are links to a range of ebooks below.
Coronavirus Home Learning Information
For the first two weeks of term, we will be moving to home learning and all the lessons will be uploaded via Seesaw. If you have any problems or questions about this, please email us at email@example.com
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work/school
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
If you suspect you have symptoms:
- try to keep at least 2 metres (3 steps) from other people in your home, particularly people over 70, or those with long-term health conditions
- ask friends, family and delivery services to deliver things like food shopping and medicines but leave them outside
- sleep alone, if possible
- regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- drink plenty of water and take everyday painkillers, such as paracetamol, to help with your symptoms
- do not have visitors (ask people to leave deliveries outside)
- do not leave your home, for example to go for a walk, to school or to public place