Please follow the link below to view the Year 2 Harvest Festival:
(please press play once it has opened)
2S – Dahl Class 2G – Walliams Class
Welcome back to Term 6.
In Maths, we will be revising the four main operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and making sure the children are secure in this. We will then move on to position and direction, telling the time and measurement. It is really important that the children practise their times tables regularly, by the end of Year 2 they should know their 2, 5, 10 and 3 times tables.
Our English lessons will be focused around writing fantasy stories set in space. The children will be learning how to make their settings really descriptive and our grammar focus will be on past and present tense. In addition, all children will have a Star Test to review their AR range. Below are some links to online books which you may find helpful.
In Science we are doing an investigation unit where we are testing all of our knowledge from previous units to solve the problem 'There's a hole in my bucket!'. The children will be conducting fair tests and working Scientifically to conduct experiments.
PE continues to be every Wednesday in the afternoon and our blocked PE week begins on 14th June. This term our focus will be Athletics and Sending and Receiving. Please make sure that your child comes to school in the correct PE kit and has a water bottle and sun cream applied.
Coronavirus Home Learning Information
In the case that a bubble has to close or your child has to self-isolate, lessons will be put onto Seesaw for you to access.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work/school
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
If you suspect you have symptoms:
- try to keep at least 2 metres (3 steps) from other people in your home, particularly people over 70, or those with long-term health conditions
- ask friends, family and delivery services to deliver things like food shopping and medicines but leave them outside
- sleep alone, if possible
- regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- drink plenty of water and take everyday painkillers, such as paracetamol, to help with your symptoms
- do not have visitors (ask people to leave deliveries outside)
- do not leave your home, for example to go for a walk, to school or to public place