Welcome to Year R
Butterworth Class(RH) Carle Class(RG)
Mrs Hayward and Miss Gore and
Mrs McGlone Mrs Bates
Mrs Moat and Mrs Howard will also be helping us.
Hello and welcome to Kingsnorth!
Please remember that the week commencing 13th September children are in school from 8:45 until 12:30. Week commencing 20th September children are in all day (8:45 – 3:15).
We have very much enjoyed the home visits we have been on so far and look forward to completing these this week. We hope you are ready to start school.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work/school
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
This term our topic is Fairytales. Each week we will be completing a variety of activities related to the following:
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- The Three Little Pigs
- Little Red Riding Hood
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Jack and the Beanstalk
At Kingsnorth we use the programme Read, Write, Inc to teach phonics. The children will be introduced to a sound a day and will have opportunities to practise taught sounds throughout the day. We will also be sending these sounds home for you to practise with your child.
This term we will be holding a workshop for parents which will explain the programme and how to support your child. Please look out for more information.
For more information please click:
https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/index.htm - phonics games
This term we will be getting to know your child and finding out what they can do. We will then be focusing on: comparing, sorting and matching objects or quantities; comparing size, mass and capacity; and exploring patterns.
This term we will be focusing on working together and moving in different ways. RG (Carle Class) will be on a Monday and RH (Butterworth Class) will be on a Tuesday. At the moment P.E kits are not coming into school. Children to come in wearing their P.E kit and please make sure earrings are removed.
Jigsaw is the PSHE programme we use in school. This term our Jigsaw piece is Being Me in My world. We will be: understanding how it feels to belong and we are all similar and different; starting to recognise and manage our feelings; working with others to make school a good place to be; understanding why it is good to be kind and use gentle hands; understanding how we have the right to learn and play; and learning what responsible means.
This term we will be looking at Christianity. I key question for the term is Why is the word God so important to Christians?
During this time we will listen to stories in the Bible, make connections with our own lives and explain our ideas.
How can you help your child at home?
- Talking about your day. What did you do first? What did you do in PE? What did you have for lunch? What was your favourite/best part of the day?
- Play games to encourage turn taking.
- Support your child with leaving you at the door when it is time to come in to class.
- Read stories to your child and complete the tasks that are sent home in their reading record.
- Encourage your child to be independent with: getting dressed, zipping their coat up, putting on hats, gloves, scarves and using a knife and fork.
- Look for numbers in the environment "what number can you see on that door?" "How many trees can you see?"
- Practise counting forwards (1-10) and backwards (10-1). Start on different numbers.
- Counting objects both in a straight line and in a random order.
- Talking about the days of the week - what day is it today? What day was yesterday/tomorrow?
- Practise Nursery
Please feel free to contact us if needed to discuss any concerns or worries, either: write a note in your child's reading record, speak to us on the door or via the office.