2S – Dahl Class 2G – Walliams Class
Welcome to Year 2!
Mrs Green and Miss Stonehouse welcome you to Year 2. Although this an important year as the children will be doing their SATS tests in May, we have lots of fun things in store and our topics include; The Great Fire of London, A Victorian Christmas and Oceans and Continents which we will be linking to the 2020 Olympics.
Coronavirus Home Learning Information
In the event of school closure and/or your child needing to isolate, please find information below about your child's learning in Year 2 for this term. As a year group, we have started to use the online learning platform Seesaw. You should have had a letter about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your code.
Every week in class we have a Big Write session based on a photo, a video clip or a book. In the attachments section below we will upload Big Write tasks for you to complete. If you want to, you can take a photo of it or type it up and send it to email@example.com
In Maths, we are revising 2, 5 and 10 times tables and fractions. The following link will take you to the White Rose home learning scheme which has daily Maths lessons for the children to follow. https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/
In addition, it would be beneficial for the children to practise their times tables on https://ttrockstars.com/ or https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button.
Common exception words are attached below, children can practise these and write sentences with these words in them.
Your child can continue to do AR quizzes following the link below.
Oxford Owls has a wide range of ebooks so your child can continue with their reading at home.
Read, Write Inc are recording a daily speed sounds lesson which will be streamed at 10.30am and 1.30pm on their facebook page or on their youtube channel starting on Monday 23rd March. Follow this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ?mc_cid=5b8869f543&mc_eid=c589d35e39
As well as all of the activities listed above, there is a menu of learning activities attached below linked to the wider curriculum. Other useful links are:
https://www.thebodycoach.com/ This is a live PE lesson on you tube every day.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work/school
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
If you suspect you have symptoms:
- try to keep at least 2 metres (3 steps) from other people in your home, particularly people over 70, or those with long-term health conditions
- ask friends, family and delivery services to deliver things like food shopping and medicines but leave them outside
- sleep alone, if possible
- regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- drink plenty of water and take everyday painkillers, such as paracetamol, to help with your symptoms
- do not have visitors (ask people to leave deliveries outside)
- do not leave your home, for example to go for a walk, to school or to public place