Home Learning for Self-Isolation
Please see below all downloads for the Year 3 summer learning packs.
Don't fear...learning can be found here!
We ask that a little bit of each subject listed below is completed daily. If for whatever reason this becomes tricky, please focus on reading lots with your child and allowing time for times table practice and spellings. It's important to keep up the practice as the children will lose the skills they have learnt this year. We have very high expectations when it comes to their learning, so we please ask that you have the same.
If you are stuck for a printer, I have recommended a few really good Year 3 workbooks you can purchase. These will cover most of the curriculum for English and Maths. You may be able to find them cheaper with a little hunting of your own.
Example Daily Timetable:
1. Joe Wicks Live PE @ 9am (30 mins)
2. Reading/AR Quiz/ Reading comprehension (45 mins)
3. Break (15 mins)
4. Handwriting / spellings of Year 3/4 words (25 mins)
5. Maths from Year 3 Whiterose link below (45 mins)/TT Rockstars (15 mins)
7. Spelling and Grammar games or sheets from downloads below (20 mins)
8. Project work on Romans (1 hour) / Creative Writing from Literacy Shed
9. Cosmic Yoga (15 mins)
10. Read a book to your child to finish off the day
Please visit https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ for parent tutorials and worksheets for maths in Year 3. It is still under development for Year 3 but when it's ready, please use this over the Twinkl site given below.
Please visit www.twinkl.co.uk and sign up for a free month of resources.
Once you have signed up, please consolidate everything we have learnt in Year 3 so far. You can type one of the following followed by Year 3 to make it age specific.
- place value up to 1000
- addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (column method)
- statistics (bar chart, pictogram, tally chart)
- fractions (unit and non-unit fractions of amounts and shapes)
- money (using the decimal point)
- length and perimeter (mm, cm, m, km)
- times tables daily practice (2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x, 8x, 10x)
Any Year 3 test papers you can download will support your child's progress. On Twinkle, you can also play interactive games in specific learning.
Other fun interactive games links can be found below:
https://ttrockstars.com/ (I have children's logins if you need them. Just email)
Writing, Reading and GPS (Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling)
Please use your Twinkl account to download Year 3 comprehension tasks. Search for Year 3 reading comprehension or LKS2 reading comprehension.
Please continue to read daily with your child up to 30 minutes and record in their log books. Take the time to ask children comprehension styled questions so you can check understanding. Please use example questions below:
- Who was the author and illustrator of the book?
- Who were the main characters in the story?
- Who was your favourite character and why?
- How did the story start?
- What happened in the middle of the story?
- What happened at the end of the story?
- What was the main feeling in the story (eg was it happy, sad) and why was this so?
- Where was the story set?
- How did the story make you feel and why?
- Did you learn any new words from this story, if so what?
Children can continue to take AR quizzes at home by following this link:
This link is for free audible stories:
Free parent support for reading and writing can be found here:
This is a link to some fun interactive reading games:
For Writing, please use www.literacyshed.com to find videos for amazing story starters. Please influence your child to edit punctuation and grammar as they write. Ask them to write a 1st draft and once edited, write a final draft as neat as possible. If they have a pen licence, encourage children to use pen.
Please continue revising the Year 3 and 4 spelling lists found on our class page. In the attachments section below, you will also find GPS step's 1-7 for how to teach conjunctions and learning about the perfect present. Please download each zip file for the steps and follow in order.
Link to GPS games -
The Chief Medical Officer has advised that all children should be doing 60 minutes of intense physical activity a day to stay fit and healthy. Please use the links below for some ideas to help with this expectation:-
This should be plenty to do during the self-isolation period. Just remember to....WASH YOUR HANDS! :)